The Arkhelogy Writers Forum Headlines

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Arkhelogy Institute

Recently, I was told about the Summerhill School, where kids and adults work together to create the curriculum. Kids are not required to attend classes at all, if they don't want to, and can spend all their days playing. Rather an unusual and interesting concept, I thought. I wish I had known about it when my kids were little, because I really got a lot of criticism for taking them out of school and home-schooling them.

In any event, can the Summerhill School be a model for an Arkhelogy Institute? Possibly. The idea of self-constructed learning is close to my heart and beliefs. However, arkhelogy -- "working at the archetypal level" -- is a specific discipline. It "happens" naturally under the right conditions, but those conditions must exist in the environment first.

The question, then, is how can that environment be created so that people can come into it and immerse themselves in it?

Any ideas? Post them here. Anyone whose ideas I decide to adopt will get one free private session with me. :-)

1 comment:

libramoon said...

http://emergingvisions.blogspot.com

Emerging Visions visionaryartezine

share and enjoy